Nutrococo Virgin Coconut Oil is a fine quality premium grade virgin coconut oil extracted from fresh premium coconut milk using centrifuge separator technology. There are no added pre dan post processing chemical, additive, enzyme and bacteria. The basic raw material is freshly harvested mature coconut. The entire process from harvesting to oil production is completed within 24 hours to ensure the oil is of premium quality. Nutrococo Virgin Coconut Oil is colourless and sparkling clear at temperatures above 24degC (75degF). It has a fresh and light coconut aroma, sediment free and without any rancid odor. The micronutrients, namely, the Vitamins E (alpha and gamma tocopherols), are retained by our process in their natural synergistic forms and therefore their maximum potency. Nutrococo Virgin Coconut Oil is a natural, safe and contains the double benefits of reactive micronutrients plus medium chain fatty acids (MCFA), especially the laurics (C12). Lauric acid is a component of colostrum & mother’s milk. In contrast, general grade VCO & refined coconut oil usually do not contain any micronutrients. MCFA is found in abundance only in coconut oil. Premium grade VCO is ideal when consumed raw for therapeutic purposes and preventive measures. It also makes a good natural aromatic salad oil; is ideal as a spread and is safe for cooking.
Here are the health benefits of virgin coconut oil:
- It can help speed healing of cuts and burns; there's a long tradition in the islands of using coconut oil as a sunscreen. It is great for fungal infections such as ringworm and athlete's foot.
- Antiseptic because of its antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal and antiprotozoal properties.
- Effective remedy for skin problems like psoriasis, eczema, rashes, stretch marks, burns, blisters, athlete’s foot, diaper rash and other skin ailments.
- Promotes healthy scalp and aids in growth of strong silky hair. Ideal as hot oil treatment and conditioner for the hair. Heals damaged skin tissue and prevents wrinkle, sagging, pre-mature aging and age spot.
- Softens skin and helps relieve dryness and flaking.
- Provides protection from damaging effects of ultraviolet radiation from the sun.
- Kills viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis C, SARS, AIDS, and other illnesses.
- Kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease and cavities, pneumonia, and gonorrhea, and other diseases.
- Kills fungi and yeasts that cause candidiasis, ringworm, athlete's foot, thrush, diaper rash, and other infections.
- Expels or kills tapeworms, lice, giardia, and other parasites.
- Boosts energy and endurance, enhancing physical and athletic performance.
- Improves digestion and absorption of other nutrients including vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
- Improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose.
- Improves calcium and magnesium absorption and supports the development of strong bones and teeth.
- Helps protect against kidney disease and bladder infections.
- Dissolves kidney stones.
- Helps prevent liver disease.
- Promotes loss of excess weight by increasing metabolic rate.
- Helps protect against osteoporosis.
- Relieves symptoms associated with Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, and stomach ulcers.
- Improves digestion and bowel function.
- Relieves pain and irritation caused by hemorrhoids.
- Supports and aids immune system function.
- Helps protect the body from breast, colon, and other cancers.
- Is heart healthy; improves cholesterol ratio reducing risk of heart disease.
- Protects arteries from injury that causes atherosclerosis and thus protects against heart disease.
- By boosting ketones, found in coconut oil, we can improve cognitive function. Alzheimer’s and dementia patients have indeed seen short-term benefits resulting from its use.
- Coconut oil has a saturated fat called lauric acid, a type of MCT. It has been shown that lauric acid increases the good HDL cholesterol in the blood to help improve cholesterol ratio levels. Coconut oil lowers cholesterol by promoting its conversion to pregnenolone, a molecule that is a precursor to many of the hormones our bodies need. Coconut can help restore normal thyroid function. When the thyroid does not function optimally, it can contribute to higher levels of bad cholesterol.
- Coconut oil consumption was found to have many factors associated with a reduced risk of heart disease compared to other dietary oils namely, improved cholesterol readings, lower body fat deposition, higher survival rate, reduced tendency to form blood clots, fewer uncontrolled free radicals in cells, low levels of blood and liver cholesterol, higher antioxidant reserves in cells, and lower incidence of heart disease in population studies.
- Not only can coconut oil help protect you from the germs that cause ulcers, lung infections, herpes, and such, but also heart disease and stroke. If you want to avoid dying from heart disease you should be eating coconut oil!
- In countries where people eat a lot of coconut products cardiovascular disease is much less frequent. In Sri Lanka, for example where coconut oil has been the primary dietary fat, the death rate from heart disease has been among the lowest in the world.
Fatty Acid Composition (typical) %
Medium chain fatty acid: 65%
Caprylic C80 9
Capric C10 6
Lauric C12 50
Long chain fatty acid: 35%
Myristic C14 19
Palmitic C16 7
Stearic C18 3
Oleic C18,1 5
Linoleic C18,2 1
Saturates % 94
Monounsaturates % 5
Polyunsaturates % 1
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving 1tbs 14g 100g
Calories 120 kcals 900 kcals
Protein 0 g 0 g
Carbohydrates 0 g 0 g
Fat 14 g 100 g
Saturated Fat 13.2 g 94 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.7 g 5 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0 mg
Recommended Dosage: The recommended dosage depends on the benefits you want from VCO. Usually 1 to 3 tablespoons daily (e15ml per tbsp): To boost your immune system, take 2-3 tbsp anytime of the day in a single or divided doses. For controlling weight, take 2 tbsp 30 minutes before lunch & dinner. As treatment for constipation, take 2 tbsp before bedtime. Storage: Keep away from direct sunlight. Virgin coconut oil is liquid at temperatures above 25 °C and becomes cloudy and solidifies at temperatures below 25 °C.